Thursday, February 27, 2014

Bee quilt for Quilts of Valor

Linking up to Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

I finally have made progress on my Liberty & Justice Bee quilt from last year. The block is "Last Bastion of the Republic" from Marcia Hohn's quilterscache.com  It feels good to be getting close to having this one donated to Quilts of Valor.


I am happy with the sashing and the corner blocks that I made. Not only do they help get the quilt top to the necessary size for Quilts of Valor, but I think they help to tie together all of the different colors and fabrics that my Bee-mates used.  To get it up to the proper finished size, I needed to add a narrow strip and I decided to simply add more white. 

Here is the top all completed!


Once I get the final instructions and advice from my longarm partner, Rita, I will be sending this off to North Carolina for quilting!  I am excited to see what kind of magic she works.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for saying that! This is my first time making a quilt for QOV, and I really want someone to love it!!

      Delete
  2. Beautifully done! I agree with Libby, love the simplicity!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have a clean look to it, doesn't it? I am glad you stopped to comment. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! It feels good that others like what I put together.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Each little one makes me very happy!!

      Delete