Saturday, October 19, 2013

Grinchy Orphan block is a FINISH!

Linking up to Sara at confessions of a fabric addict



One of my leftover Grinch blocks has been turned into a pillow cover! WooHoo in Whoville!  This was so simple to complete, why didn't I do it before???


It fits an 18" pillow form, which I even had waiting for it! I love the way it pops off of my mushroom colored living room sofa, and picks up the white of that snuggly soft furry throw blanket!


A simple overlapping bock pulls the color around - it was a big scrap from another project. Love that!


And my favorite part is that bias binding I made to bring that fun red stripe over to the edge. That Red wonky stripe may just be my favorite fabric from that Kauffman Collection - which is kind of wierd since I am really NOT a red person!


I have one more block to use up, and I am really looking forward to getting that off my WIP list, and to make a buddy for this one!

Happy Sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment