Thursday, July 19, 2012

Way too much wonky fun!

I had an hour or so to kill in between running the kids to their activities today, so I did it. I cut right into that Grinch fabric and started sewing. I cut out a scene, whacked into some scraps of fabric, and off I went into the World of Wonky!  A new and scary land for me, but guess what? I LOVED not having to measure and cut each piece. I knew that it would all fit into the crazy world of Seuss!

Since this is a new thing for me, I am linking up to TNT Thursday at Happy Quilting!



Here are two blocks I worked on today - The Who's in Whoville, and the Grinch stealing Christmas.



Honestly, these were so close to the edge of the fabric cut that I figured I could spare them. You'll notice that I had to cut off Mr. Who's hair at the top of that block, and the star on the Christmas tree in the Grinch block. I figured if I hated them, I could still use the other repeat of the same scene and do something else. I truly had nothing to lose and that gave me more freedom to screw up! 

I realized I seriously need some greens for my stash. Seriously. These were pretty much all that I think would work, so I may have to wait to do much more.  I did buy some of the Grinch panel fabrics as well, so some of the blocks will not need much extra work - probably one row of white around the edge, so that will be simple. 

Yea - go me! I'm so excited.



3 comments:

  1. Love they wonky blocks!! So fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to keep going on this and find out where it takes me!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete