Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Freshened Up Family Room

I bought some summer striped fabric a while back intending to re-cover some old and worn pillows for my family room. With three boys and a dog, they get hard use! But, as usual, life got in the way and it's now mid-summer and I've just gotten these pillows made!

I think they look nice, and pull together the colors in the room. They lighten things up a bit. My "winter" pillows are chocolate browns and blues, so this is a fresher, more summertime look.



I've also been looking for a block pattern that I can use when I am "Queen"of the Liberty and Justice Bee in November. I made a test block yesterday that I think would work. It's a bit larger block (finished size is 15.5") so I would only ask my Bee-mates for 1 block. The link to the pattern I used is here. I love the QuilersCache site. So many patterns for inspiration!

This is how my tester turned out. The pattern was easy to follow, and it only requires 3 fabrics, which I think may be a plus:


Worst case scenario - I make a nice big 20" pillow out of this, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment