Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Machine troubles

Yesterday I was working on a bunch of HSTs for the red and black quilt and noticed that the stitching was uneven and the bobbin tension was completely out-of-whack. I tried to adjust it with no luck. I have had this machine for about 15 years, and it is a pretty basic one, but it has served me well. I guess I will have to take it to someone for servicing.

Right now I'm on crutches with my left leg in a boot after a skiing accident that left me with a high ankle sprain. It's been 4 weeks of non-weight bearing and I am getting rather stir crazy. But, taking the machine in will be an adventure, to say the least. Crutches are not my friend.

In the mean time, I guess I'll be designing more than sewing. Shoot. I really want to get the red and black blocks done and the top completed so I can move on to something I am more interested in...

This perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment