Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Softly Springlike

I really enjoyed working on this pillow I started a few days ago. Perhaps it was the springlike colors. I love soft blues and greens, in fact I love all of the cool colors!



It was all scraps, and I pulled a bunch of fabrics from several older projects. Fun! It was interesting to see that even though these fabrics come from different projects, different styles and different lines, they all blended so nicely.



I did a really easy straight line pattern to echo the checkerboard patchwork, and I took the extra step of binding it. I did the binding all on machine, which is new to me. I think it worked out pretty well. I only needed to go back and catch one small area on the back. 

We had a small amount of St. Patty's Day snow... just what I needed. But I stayed indoors and worked some more with this color palette. I'm going to make a coordinating pillow using log cabin blocks. The completed one is already listed in my Etsy shop, and when the next one is done, it will be listed there too!  Stepping a little out of my comfort zone, but I need to generate a bit of cash to cover my crafty expenses! You know how that is, right ladies??

No comments:

Post a Comment