Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Snow Storm Quilting Progress

I decided what I needed to do for the last block required for my Liberty & Justice Bee quilt. Over the weekend I spent a little time cutting out the pieces. Yesterday and today I sewed it together!
Here she is...

My plan for this is to add sashing between the blocks and use cornerstones in a square-in-a-square design like the center of the star.  I need to do this unless I want to make 7 more blocks!! Since I am planning to give this one to Quilts of Valor, I need to meet their size requirement!! I will get cutting today on this next step in the process.

And, since we were in the midst of that latest winter storm here in the northeast, I also put together a backing for the Layer Cake Lemonade quilt I made from my Fresh Lemons winnings.
Front from Layer Cake Lemonade Pattern by the Fat Quarter Shop
Back of Quilt
I was able to use up some more of the fabric and scraps to make a very economical back out of one width of fabric I picked up on a good discount. I think it will complement the front nicely. I am contemplating trying to do some straight line quilting here at home. Hmmm... this would be my first try on a quilt.



No comments:

Post a Comment