Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Two Off to the Quilter

I decided to kick it into high gear now that it's almost half way through January! How did that happen??

I added the borders to my Bow Tie Quilt last week. I wanted a true twin size, so I had to do it. I know it makes this more traditional in a sense, but I just wanted it off my plate so I could move on with other things. And then I pulled a funky yellow, sort of tie dye look, wide backing out of my bin that I got on clearance a while back. Its not the greatest, but once again, Git'n it done sometimes requires a little compromise here and there.

Here is the top on my ironing board after its final steambath...


and that yellow backing fabric all squared up and ironed

And I'm finally sending the red and black patchwork out too. Oops, forgot to get a photo of the back before it left the house.  So, off to the magic of the long-arm quilter they go!

I worked on gathering fabrics for the Lucky Stars BOM with Elizabeth from Don't Call me Betsy which I joined up with late. I feel like I am already behind, so I'd like to get caught up with the practice block and work on January too. I will be using a bunch of the fabrics from V&Co.'s Simply Color and some added fabrics from my stash. I will be sticking with the cooler colors (blue, purple, aqua and lime) from the line, and just using pops of orange and pink. Haven't decided yet if I'll use any gray.  


But, that will all have to wait until I make my January block for Liberty and Justice. Sarah has asked that we write a note to the service person who will be receiving it. I think that's a really lovely idea, but it does give me a small bit of butterflies not knowing exactly what to write!  For sure I'll write it on paper first so as not to mess up on the fabric!




No comments:

Post a Comment