Monday, December 3, 2012

Something to show

I feel like I pushed myself out of a slump this weekend! YAY! All of my guys were off Saturday for the annual Boy Scout Troop recruiting campout. It's kind of like rush week for 10 year olds! So, it was just me and the dog for 24 hours which left me a lot of time to work on sewing projects that had been half done or not started.

I got my London bag finished up for my mom's Christmas gift. She is a London fanatic, so I know she will be happy!


I can show it here as she does not read my blog! I have some London Underground map fabric that I need to make her a little zip pouch or glasses case that can go inside. Haven't gotten to that one quite yet, but I am very happy with the bag! I used a nice heavy cotton duck as the body of the bag. The london fabric makes a large pocket on either side of the bag, so she can organize her stuff.

I also tackled Shirley's choice for the December Liberty and Justice Bee. She used the tutorial from Faith at Fresh Lemons here, which has very clear instructions for paper piecing. Yay, because this was new to me. I only had to pick out one seam, so I managed pretty well. Hope she likes them.


I made a little zip pouch that turned out OK. Just OK. I think this one may end up staying with me rather than being gifted. I think my next try will probably work out better.

And, I worked a little bit on a pillow with left over Grinch fabric to go on my sofa with the Grinch quilt. Simple and fun! A good way to end my Sunday afternoon.

Off to pack up for Quilt Camp later this week!

4 comments:

  1. Your paper pieced stars are great. Impressive for first paper piecing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Block Kathy you made for me, your lucky you only pulled out one stitch because my late block for you, I have pulled them all out atleast once.. Girlfriend, I thought I was making the American Flag !! Sorry its late, its in the mail, but I am posted this baby on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry you had trouble... I'm sure you're glad its over!

      Delete