Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Scatterbrained September!

Boy these last couple of weeks have been very unfocused for me! I have 2 projects up on the design wall that I just seem to keep moving around and around, and at least 2 others that are in the cut but need to be sewn stage.

I did send out the Grinch quilt to be long-armed. I decided to try someone new, and so I packed up the flimsy and the backing and off it went to Montana to Kathy of Stitch by Stitch. I can't remember which blog I read that recommended her, but I am very excited to see how it turns out. Kathy offers your first quilt at 20% off, which is a nice incentive to give her a try. And, with three week turnaround right now, I should have plenty of time to get this one bound before the holidays.

I did get my Liberty and Justice bee blocks done pretty early in September, and we're awaiting the new block instructions for October. I will be the queen in November and I keep changing my mind on which block to use. More indecisiveness! Perhaps this one?



I was lucky enough to get into the Mouthy Stitches 2 Swap on Flickr. We are swapping tote bags and key fobs, and I'm so impressed with what the ladies are showing already as their progress. Here is what I have done so far.

I am debating about making the straps black, or making them the gray with a strip of color down the middle. I would probably use the teal or maybe the black as the strip. The lining will most likely be the text print shown here, but if my partner says she wants more color then color it will be! The front pieced section of the bag is also a large pocket, and I have a small open pocket planned for inside the bag. I love to have a specific place for my cell phone so I don't have to dig for it too much. Hopefully my partner feels the same way!

It seems that the kids have settled in to school nicely this fall. I guess that's why September always feels so crazy to me. I love it, but October should be much smoother. Now to make some decisions and finish up another top or two!

Happy October!





No comments:

Post a Comment