Monday, July 9, 2012

Liberty and Justice Bee

Liberty and Justice


The Amerine Clan


What better way to honor our troops? A quilting bee focused on creating patriotic blocks to be used in a quilt for one of the many young men and women who serve or have served our country. I am so glad to  have joined up. We have 8 ladies who all will pick their own block or two. We got our first "assignment" today and this one should be fun and scrappy! Marian of LadyFace has chosen this tutorial to make her blocks. Waiting on a package to arrive with some more red, white and blue stash fabrics so I can get started. These blocks look like fun and should make a nice finished quilt.

Photo from Stitched In Color Tutorial
There will also be some little gifts that will be sent out towards the end of the Bee schedule, and I'm already looking for some fun things I can make for my Bee-mates.

Still entertaining ideas for what my own month's block will be, but I have plenty of time to decide since I am not "Queen" until November! 

No comments:

Post a Comment