Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer swapping

I joined a couple of swaps through flickr, and I have been picking away a little at a time on the blocks. 
Here are my bow tie blocks for the Scrappy Bowtie Block Swap - Round 5. Looks like I am up to about 30 so far. Good for using up some fabric I've had hanging around for a while! I have most of the summer to work on these, but I know July will only get busier, so I'm taking the opportunity to crank some out now.


Yesterday, I got word that my nephew's quilt is on it's way back to me! Yes! I can't wait to see it and get it finished up. So, yesterday I got the binding all ready for it. I used this polka dot from the same line as some of the fabrics - Michael Miller's Backyard Baby. I hope it will look good like I expect when I get it back. But, if not, I know this is something I could use for another project since I love these colors anyway.


I've been trying to get myself moving on my niece's "big sister" quilt but for some reason I'm not being very successful. I guess it's because I'm not sure where I'm headed next with it. I'll need to add to what I have to make it bigger and I haven't decided how I want to do that. But I need to get the pieces off of my living room floor! Note to self: make a design wall!

1 comment:

  1. Love your bow tie blocks and they are always a great way to use of fabrics in your stash. Cute binding, I hope it works on your nephew's quilt!

    ReplyDelete