Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Adjustments

Its not that I haven't been sewing. It's just that there's nothing very interesting to show! The boys have been on summer vacation for one week and moms know that that in itself calls for a lot of schedule adjustments!

I got my nephew's quilt ready to send off to be machine quilted. My first time with that, so I am anxious to see how everything works out. I will be glad to get it back in my hot little hands to finish it up! It went off in the mail today.

I spent one quiet day/night at our home in the Poconos doing exciting things like spring laundry and shortening curtains. That has needed to get done for a long time and it felt good to be able to do it there without the family needing my attention. Just the dog and I. While I was there, I saw this cool Luna moth attached to the side of our house.

Now I am doing a few quick things to prepare for more summer sewing... gathering scraps to make blocks for the The Crafty Blackbird's Siggy Quilt Block Swap - Round 2, which I am excited to have joined!
Blog Button 150 x 150
  Join Here   This will be my first swap/bee in many many years.

Then, for good measure, I had to join another swap! The Scrappy BowTie Block Swap - Round 5. I have a bit more time for those blocks, but I am starting to gather fabrics that I want to use for that swap as well.

Finally, I have been gathering very light colors for a quilt I have in my head based on this one -
Simple for Lucy by Rachel at Stitched in Color which was inspired by a quilt made by Cassandra Ellis. See the blog post here.  My vision is for a quilt with all VERY light colors - mostly colors, not so much neutrals. And then use small pops of brights throughout. It is pretty difficult to find fabrics with the really light value I am going for.

This may take me a while!

2 comments:

  1. I used to do a lot of swaps and loved them. Lately I have been away from too much to do any but I just joined one a couple of weeks swapping Kona fabrics and can hardly wait! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy reading your blog! Hope you are enjoying your summer and getting some projects done!
      Kathy

      Delete