Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A girly quilt

This is something I'm working on for my niece...


She is turning 6 soon, but more importantly, she is becoming a big sister. I will be putting something together for her new little brother, and want her to feel special too. I love this fabric line - Good Fortune by Kate Spain. Purple is my favorite color and I love the fact that Good Fortune has both blue violet and red violet! I added a few extra fabrics to add a bit more variety. I still may change out some for other fabrics, but I am finding it difficult since most of my stash fabrics are old and the colors are simply wrong.

This is a layout I am thinking about. Trying to decide if I want to go more random with all of the diamonds, some of the diamonds or leave it alone. Isn't it nice that we can store the different options digitally and look at the results side by side virtually instantly? Modern quilting at its best.

This is one of those times when I am focusing more on getting the project done than agonizing over the design. For my first time EVER buying pre-cuts, I am happy with the fast assembly and options.

Over Memorial Day weekend, we went to our mountain house and I was able to get my Travelling Medallion on the Guest bed for a quick pic. I think it looks great on the bed as it was intended!



No comments:

Post a Comment