Friday, October 5, 2012

Hexies AND applique...

Well - here it is... my first try at hexagons! And they're appliqued on too!


I am working on my key fob idea for the Mouthy Stitches Swap on Flickr. The fob is going along with the tote bag we're making, so I picked up the fabrics and used them in a different way. My thought is to make the key fob a hexagon shape and use the text fabric from the lining of the bag as the backing.  it would have a tab on one edge that the actual key ring part would attach to - kind of like this one...


Those little hexagons (and I do mean little - they finish at about 1") were a little bit of a challenge, but not as bad as I thought. I might even try them again sometime. MIGHT. Hand sewing makes my hand numb, which is not a fun thing so I have to definitely limit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment