Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Country Quilterie


Today I took a little drive to visit a quilt shop called the Country Quilterie that's not too far (20 miles is not too far for a quilt shop, right?) from our Pocono house. The shop is in Effort, PA. Of course I knew going in that there WOULD be purchases made!!!!

The shop is in a small building behind a charming little shopping area. The owner was in, and she was working on a baby quilt using flannels in soft pinks and greens - very pretty.  I browsed around for a while and picked out some more "low volume" fabrics for my collection that I'm intending to use for a king size scrap quilt. Yes, well, I don't have nearly enough "scraps" in these types of fabrics, so I'm collecting.

I also picked up a text print fabric from the American Valor line from Marcus Fabrics. I'm sure I can use it for the Liberty and Justice bee blocks.


And finally, my impulse buy was a ski racing print.
Since my husband and one of my sons have raced at Nastar Nationals the last two years, I just had to pick up a yard. I know I'll figure out a way to use it!  Here is my son from 2011 and the 2012 race:
 
Not too much sewing has gotten done this vacation week. We have been painting the new deck, and teaching to boys how to paint has really been fun. Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment